Vacancy for Assistant Ombudsman
The Ombudsman for Long–term Insurance has a vacancy for an Assistant Ombudsman.
If you are interested in a career in alternative dispute resolution, dedicated to service delivery, able to work under pressure and you have the necessary qualifications, you are invited to submit a covering letter and your CV.
- Investigate and analyse complaints.Seek relevant information from the parties to the complaint.
- Liaise with complainants and insurers in writing, telephonically and in person in order to resolve complaints.
- Write determinations in understandable and appropriate language for complaints that are not resolved through other interventions.
- LLB degree and at least 7 – 9 years’ experience in a legal role either in a legal practice, or in the long-term insurance industry or in dispute resolution.
- A sound understanding of the applicable industry and legal framework.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Interest in or experience in working in alternative dispute resolution.
- The ability to manage a caseload in an efficient, fair and timely manner with a clear customer focus on achieving timely and fair outcomes.
- The ability to work independently but also part of a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels.
The office offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience, a seven and a half hour flexible-time working day and a pleasant working environment in Claremont, Cape Town.
While this is a full-time position, applications will be considered from experienced BEE candidates who may wish to have more flexibility. Preference will be given to the candidates who meet the above criteria.