What is our mission?
To receive and consider complaints against subscribing insurers and to resolve such complaints through mediation, conciliation, recommendation or determination.
The Ombudsman must seek to ensure that:
- he/she acts independently and objectively
- he/she takes no instructions from anybody regarding the exercise of his/her authority
- he/she follows informal, fair and cost-effective procedures
- he/she keeps in balance the scale between complainants and insurers
- he/she accords due weight to considerations of equity
- he/she maintains confidentiality
- he/she promotes public awareness of the office
- insurers act with fairness
- insurers render an efficient service to their clients