The Ombudsman for Long–term Insurance has a vacancy for an Assistant Ombudsman.
If you are interested in a career in alternative dispute resolution, dedicated to service delivery, able to work under pressure and you have the necessary qualifications, you are invited to submit a covering letter and your CV.
- Investigate and analyse complaints. Seek relevant information from the parties to the complaint.
- Liaise with complainants and insurers in writing, telephonically and in person in order to resolve complaints.
- Write determinations in understandable and appropriate language for complaints that are not resolved through other interventions.
- LLB degree and at least 5 – 7 years’ experience in a legal role either in a legal practice, or in the long-term insurance industry or in dispute resolution.
- A sound understanding of the applicable industry and legal framework.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Interest in or experience in working in alternative dispute resolution.
- The ability to manage a caseload in an efficient, fair and timely manner with a clear customer focus on achieving timely and fair outcomes.
- The ability to work independently but also part of a team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to deal with people at all levels.
The office offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience, a seven and a half hour flexible-time working day and a pleasant working environment in Claremont, Cape Town.
While this is a full-time position, applications will be considered from experienced BBBEE candidates who may wish to have more flexibility. Preference will be given to the candidates who meet the above criteria.
Apply by e-mail with a copy of your CV and three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications will be the 27th June 2021.